Canon EOS 40D the latest digital SLR for advanced amateurs and semi-professionals
Its been named as the “latest digital SLR for advanced amateurs and semi-professionals” and it lives up to the promise. Introducing the EOS 40D from Canon. It’s a fitting successor to the famous EOS 30D digital SLR. The camera features 10-mp CMOS sensor DIGIC III and 1D style menus, 6.5 fps continuous shooting, and three custom user modes on mode dial. The camera boasts of a 3.0″ LCD monitor, Live View with optional mirror-drop auto-focus, larger brighter viewfinder with interchangeable focusing screens, much shorter viewfinder blackout and a quieter mirror mechanism. The new 9-point cross-type AF system can accomplish focus on both horizontal and vertical planes. A central AF point is capable of accurate focusing up to aperture f/2.8, with eight outer points working up to f/5.6.
The key features of the Canon EOS 40D are listed below:
- 10.1 Megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- 6.5 fps continuous shooting, max. burst 75 JPEGs
- New AF system with 9 cross-type sensors
- DIGIC III processor
- 3.0″ LCD with Live View mode
- EOS Integrated Cleaning System
- Clear and bright viewfinder
- Customizable Picture Style processing parameters
There is no word on the pricing of the camera available as yet.