Man who suffered from lymphoma in ear compensated by cellphone company
Excessive use of his cellphone from Partner Communications, a man in his 50s developed aggressive lymphoma near his left year. As a result, he sued the company last may, complaining about the effects of using their device for long. Accordin to our source, ‘the customer is an attorney who had converted the secure room – a reinforced room that doubles as a bomb shelter and is common in most new Israeli homes – into an office. He claimed that he conducted a great deal of phone calls and business from the room, where cellular reception was low.’ Now, it’s a given that the lower the reception, the higher the electromagnetic radiation from a cell phone. May be he should have taken heed of that fact before having used his phone to such an extent that it proved fatal.
The Israeli cell phone company is to compensate the customer NIS 400,000. This is about $107,132. The company declares that they compensated the customer as a humanitarian gesture, which we agree upon, since it is well known that one should avoid excessive use of phones in areas where the reception is scant.